Why Switch to Eco Sports?
If you could use more sustainable, eco-friendly materials.... WITHOUT compromising performance and price... WHY WOULDN'T YOU? Why wouldn't everyone switch?
We promise to use only the best available resources that take the least amount of impact on our planet and our animals, to guarantee that you can beat anybody in the world using our products. We have been proving it time and time again that our products are as good (if not better) than traditional market balls and sporting goods.
Why Not Just Use Animal Leather?
Using vegan, non-toxic, eco-friendly leather alternatives over traditional animal leather is considered better for several reasons, ranging from ethical concerns to environmental impacts. Here's a breakdown of these factors:
1. Animal Cruelty: Traditional leather production involves the killing of animals. This raises ethical concerns about animal rights and welfare. Vegan leather offers an alternative that does not require animal sacrifice, aligning with cruelty-free and ethical consumer practices. And Yes, leather is the most profitable part of the animal pound for pound, so it is NOT just a by product..
2. Land Use: Animal farming for leather requires significant amounts of land. This land could alternatively be used for agriculture to grow food crops, potentially feeding more people. Deforestation for grazing or feed crops contributes to habitat loss, biodiversity reduction, and increased greenhouse gas emissions. Vegan leathers, depending on their source materials, can be more land-efficient.
3. Water Use: The production of animal leather is water-intensive, not just for the animals but also in the tanning process. It's estimated that producing a pair of traditional leather shoes can require over 8,000 liters of water. In contrast, some types of vegan leather, such as those made from agricultural waste or recycled materials, have a significantly lower water footprint.
4. Toxic Chemicals in Leather Production: The tanning process of converting animal hides into leather uses harmful chemicals, including chromium and other heavy metals. These substances can pollute waterways, soil, and air, posing health risks to workers in the industry and surrounding communities. Eco-friendly vegan leathers often utilize less toxic tanning and dyeing processes, reducing environmental pollution and health hazards.
5. Biodegradability: While leather is a natural material that would typically biodegrade, the tanning process alters its properties, making it non-biodegradable. This means leather goods contribute to landfill waste for extended periods. Some vegan leathers are designed to be more environmentally friendly, including options that are biodegradable or made from recycled and sustainable materials.
6. Carbon Footprint: The livestock sector is a significant contributor to global greenhouse gas emissions, partly due to methane production by ruminant animals. By reducing reliance on animal products, including leather, we can lower our carbon footprint. Vegan leathers made from plants or recycled materials generally have a lower carbon footprint compared to traditional leather.
It's important to note that not all vegan leathers are created equal. The environmental benefits depend on how the vegan leather is produced. Materials like PVC (polyvinyl chloride) can be harmful due to their production and disposal processes. However, innovations in eco-friendly materials, such as Eco SPorts TPU, Cactus Leather, and recycled rubber, are promising in terms of sustainability and reducing environmental impact.
How Does Eco Sports Equipment Compare To The Best
If it feels like a basketball, bounces like a basketball, & scores like a basketball. IT IS A BASKETBALL. Eco Sports take pride in only releasing products that you can use at the highest level. Whether is the NBA, the PPA, the MLS, our equipment is good enough for the pros, hence its good enough for anyone. Eco sports sporting equipment is gaining popularity for its commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, distinguishing itself from traditional sporting goods companies. These eco-friendly brands focus on using renewable, recycled, or biodegradable materials, reducing the environmental footprint associated with production, usage, and disposal of sports equipment. While the best conventional sporting goods companies often emphasize durability, performance, and brand prestige, eco sports brands prioritize ecological impact alongside these factors. They aim to offer products that are not only competitive in terms of quality and performance but also contribute positively to environmental conservation. This approach appeals to a growing segment of consumers who are environmentally conscious and seek products that align with their values.
How Does Eco Sports Keep Prices Competitive?
Eco Sports is a Purpose Driven company. Meaning our mission is bring more sustainability to sports but also to get more kids off their phones and outside playing again. We do not want eliminate anyone from using our sporting goods because of price. Even though Eco Sports user more expensive and sustainable resources, we eat those cost for the greater good of our planet, the animals, and the kids.
Why Is Eco Sports A Purpose Drive Company
A purpose-driven company is an organization that operates with a clear ethos and intention beyond just making a profit. It seeks to positively impact its community, employees, customers, and the environment, integrating social, environmental, and economic goals into its core strategy.
Eco Sports is sustainable from head to toe. From our manufactuer using only sustainable resources and taking eco friendly and non toxic precautions is important to us.
Our Sporting Goods use the most eco-friendly materials available without compromising performance.
Our Packing consist of Home Compostable Packaging and Carbon Offset Shipping. Our retail packaging is made from recycled cardboard and compact by design packing meaning minizing resources needed for packagin. We never use any plastic in and any of our packaging.
We are a Carbon Nuetral company meaning we put our money where our mouth is. We know everything that humans do has a carbon footprint, but if we can help offset those in any way... we should.
Every Purchase Plants A Tree! Make your purchase about more than just yourself. Even though your balls is better for the planet, why not add planting a tree to the list of awesome things Eco Sports does.
Eco Sports also works with Charities and Non Profits throughout the year. Whether donating balls or their employees time, they make sure prioritize the community first!
Troy Akin - CEO
Troy founded Eco Sports with a passion to bring more sustainability to sports. Whether it's pre production or the end life of ball, there is a more eco friendly way to do sports. Without compromising his vegan values, Eco Sports never uses leather, but only uses Non Toxic Eco Friendly materials that give the same feel & play for every sport.
Paul Akin - CFO
"After running a multi-million dollar company in San Francisco doing over a billion dollars in Volume, I wanted to use my expertise and love for sports to do something impactful. I want to continue to create a better world for my 3 kids and my ever growing list of grandchildren."
A Note From Our Manufacturing Team.
"The material we use for all products are eco friendly. In The US we conform to CPSIA standard, in EU we conform to CE and REACH standard, and in South America are conform to CE standard.
The package material we used including white soft paper, cardboard display box, & home compostable packaging.
We never use real leather or animals in our products.
We have air purification facility which can purify the waste gas from the printing lines."